What is one thing you could do differently over the next 28 days that might change your life forever?
Imagine living without worry, fear, anger, jealousy or lust-- a life that is largely free from addictive, compulsive and self-sabotaging habits and thoughts.
The teachings of Jesus invite into a life transformed by learning to cooperate with God's healing work in us. The ancients called this process ascesis, or self-discipline, which according to the Apostle Paul, involves training and experimenting with new ways of living in our minds, bodies and relationships. Mahatma Ghandi called this an "experiment in truth." Even Jesus spent 40 days in the wilderness fasting and facing his greatest shadows and temptations.
For those of us who desire greater wholeness and Christ-likeness, this practical workshop seeks to bridge the gap we often feel between how we want to live and how we actually live. Join us for a 6 week group experiment aimed at confronting obstacles to the spiritual life. Each participant will identify a key area for growth, commit to a change by adopting practices of abstinence and engagement and support others in taking steps to face core struggles, wounds, fears and resistance. We will also explore other tools for life-long personal growth including group discernment, mentoring and a growth plan.
This workshop invites participants into:
- a transformative experience applying disciplines of abstinence and engagement to a core struggle through a 28-day experiment.
- a greater understanding of the holistic and embodied nature of spiritual formation.
- a comprehensive personal growth plan and rhythm of life to help sustain momentum & consistency.
- identifying a mentor to meet with at least once during the course.
- a practical understanding and experience of group discernment that cultivates an awareness of the voice of the Spirit, your own insight and the wisdom of friends to gain greater clarity about life decisions.